Juneau, Alaska (KINY) - The Downtown Transit Center will be temporarily closed starting at 6 a.m. on Friday, June 14 until further notice.
Capital Transit is adjusting routes for most buses servicing Downtown Juneau due to the Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities’ Egan Drive Improvements Project.
Closest bus stops to the Downtown Transit Center:
• Temporary bus stop on Willoughby Avenue at Centennial Hall: approximately .1 miles west of the Downtown Transit Center, about a 3-minute walk.
• Downtown Library: approximately 0.2 miles southeast of the Downtown Transit Center, about a 4-minute walk.
The following outbound bus stops on Willoughby Avenue will also close temporarily, and passengers will need to wait across the street:
• State Facilities Center across from Centennial Hall.
• ANB Hall.
For passengers taking the routes 1, 3, and 4, there will be a temporary shuttle bus active during the closure of the Downtown Transit Center:
• The shuttle bus will display “CAPITAL TRANSIT”, and will leave the Downtown Library at :07 minutes and :37 minutes after the hour.
The shuttle bus will make the following stops:
• Temporary bus stop across the street from the ANB Hall on Willoughby Avenue.
• Temporary bus stop at Centennial Hall on Willoughby Avenue.
• Outbound bus stop at Foodland IGA.
• Outbound bus stop at the Federal Building.
• Outbound bus stop at 12th Street/Glacier Avenue.
• Senior Center at 12th Street and F Street (Transfer Point)
• Transfers can be made at the Senior Center to the appropriate routes 1, 3, and 4 buses.
Routes 8, 12, and 15 will be starting at the Downtown Library, and will be making the same stops listed above for the temporary shuttle.